• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

State approves Ithaca wine center NYS

Don Giovanni

\

ALBANY — The New York State Assembly Thursday approved legislation to authorize the licensing and operation of the Finger Lakes Wine Center in downtown Ithaca to promote the region's wine industry, primarily to tourists.

Click On Me

Edited by Don Giovanni (log)

Interesting!

But I thought that was what the wine bar "Just A Taste" was doing (informally, of course) in downtown Ithaca since 1989. (That was also where I had a memorable conversation with Hermann J. Wiemer which I may have mentioned on this forum.)

Interesting!

But I thought that was what the wine bar "Just A Taste" was doing (informally, of course) in downtown Ithaca since 1989. (That was also where I had a memorable conversation with Hermann J. Wiemer which I may have mentioned on this forum.)

They are a place for wine around the world...the new center is for only NYS wines...this center I hope to teach in when they get it going..."Just A Taste" is very good ...

Cheers !

As for Hermann J. W. any conversation is always interesting...I have a few stories someday to share...all very funny...without Hermann our region would be 10 years behind today...