• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

A few color charts for wine

Don Giovanni

Well this is certainly expanding my color vocabulary. I've had a few chardonnays that aspire to Ralph Lauren 'surfboard yellow.' Pedigreed, with a sense of fun.

The Laura Ashley 'plastered pink' describes some rose's I've had. But I think Sherwin Williams stole our thunder with 'Fine Wine', 'Burgundy' and 'Fabulous Grape.' I might steal 'Bravado Red' however. :cool:

Mary Baker

Solid Communications

Find me on Facebook

Well this is certainly expanding my color vocabulary.  I've had a few chardonnays that aspire to Ralph Lauren 'surfboard yellow.'  Pedigreed, with a sense of fun.

The Laura Ashley 'plastered pink' describes some rose's I've had.  But I think Sherwin Williams stole our thunder with 'Fine Wine', 'Burgundy' and 'Fabulous Grape.'  I might steal 'Bravado Red' however.    :cool:

Not to mention Pratt and Lambert's vintage claret :hmmm: But I am looking forward to discribing my next cabernet as gypsy love :rolleyes:

"As life's pleasures go, food is second only to sex.Except for salami and eggs...Now that's better than sex, but only if the salami is thickly sliced"--Alan King (1927-2004)