• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Ruby Tuesday

I am in the habit of avoiding places like this, but the Wife had gotten a gift card so off we went.

I have got to say, the bacon cheeseburger that I ordered was very good and actually cooked medium rare just as I asked! This was a very pleasent surprise.

Mrs Norm got the chicken fresco and claimed it really good also.

For drinks we had decent mojitos.

This was quite the surprise because the last time we went to a Ruby Tuesdays the food was crap and the service awful. I don't know if they have really improved or we were just lucky. I'm going to have to go back to see.

Chicks dig wheelguns.

Glad that you had a good experience there. I've been there twice and the last time the dead flies in the salad bar put me off. Seriously, two dead flies in the salad. Yuck.

Melissa

Glad that you had a good experience there.  I've been there twice and the last time the dead flies in the salad bar put me off.  Seriously, two dead flies in the salad.  Yuck.

Blech.

Chicks dig wheelguns.

There is a Ruby Tuesday's in Port Huron, MI. For those that don't know, I live about 60 miles from PH. I go there a few times a month to pick up mail and do some grocery shopping. I tend to eat out lunch while I'm there and the pickings are slim. Fast Food or Chain's. I have my choice of Ruby Tuesday's, Applebees, Chili's, Olive Garden( no way in Hell) or Red Lobster. When I travel elsewhere, I would never step foot in a chain restaurant. But, I basically have no choice and to me, Ruby Tuesday's and Chili's are the least offensive to my palate.

I don't eat beef and Ruby Tuesday's makes a really good Turkey burger. They've recently( maybe within a year) revamped their image. They're using those square white plates now and have added some " upscale" items like a lump crab burger.

Ruby Tuesday is about the only chain restaurant that i like. THey do great burgers. I don't know if their Prime burger was just a limited time thing, but it was really good when I had it. That being said, I've never had anuthing other than the burgers and appetizers, and I don't think that I would. Too easy to screw up and rely on pre-made, frozen stuff.

Is it the height of culinary adventures? No. Is it better at what it does than other places that do the same thing? Yes.

"Life is a combination of magic and pasta." - Frederico Fellini