• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Philly seafood

Pringle

Looking for a seafood restaurant in Philly that's not too expensive. My sister's boyfriend is coming and will insisting on paying for our entire group, which always makes me feel bad, so I would like to go somewhere that has good food but won't break the bank (ie, no Striped Bass, McCormick & Schmicks, etc.). I'm thinking an average entree below $20 should be ok. Also, somewhere where I'll still be able to get a reservation for this Saturday night! Thanks.

dmitri's may fit the bill. the one near rittenhouse square accepts reservations and has a liqour license.

the original on 3rd and catherine, my favorite of the two, is small, a bit noisy, byo, and no reservations. although you can wait across the street at new wave cafe have a couple drinks, and they come get you when your table is ready.

thanks for the suggestions so far. Unfortunately i can't find websites or menus for either online, but little fish had a price rating of $$$$, which means probably more expensive than you remember. perhaps dmitris if i can find out more..... i love a little mediterranian flair.

dmitri's doesn't have a website that i can find. philly.com has a review for the 3rd street location ( i probably wouldn't take a large group here) that is 7 years old and no price catagory i could find.

however, i'm confident in saying both dmitri's are pretty reasonably priced. citysearch's site shows the pine street address as $$.

you could always call the restaurant and have them fax you a menu.

This place perfectly with your plans:

Seafood Unlimited, 20th St, near Locust. Superb stuff, and inexpensive to boot.

Snockey's, on 2nd st., near Washington will also work for you.

Rich Pawlak

Reporter, The Trentonian

Feature Writer, INSIDE Magazine
Food Writer At Large

MY BLOG: THE OMNIVORE

"In Cerveza et Pizza Veritas"

The new owner had a restaurant somewhere down the shore. Friends of mine frequent ther often and they really enjoy the food. I think he is closed on Tuesdays.

Edited by lamando (log)

<span style='color:red'><i>Todd Lean

Email me

If you don't mind traveling to the NE, there's Gallo's Seafood on Roosevelt Blvd, on the northbound side just a block or so above Rhawn. Good seafood, reasonable prices and should be able to accomodate your group.

"Fat is money." (Per a cracklings maker shown on Dirty Jobs.)

At the risk of catching hell for promoting our restaurant, you may want to look at our seafood selection. www.bootsiesphilly.com we get fresh seafood deliveries daily and have a few items that will fit your budget. Our chef Ron Bowlby is a seafood master. We are a Mediterranean steakhouse. Finally the following link will take you to a review written recently, http://www.epgn.com/030907/3bootsies030907.htm.

Edited by simply_perfect (log)