• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Poisoned! Who do we sue?

Gee

All I did was curse the entire city of Paris after we got "zapped" in December. I must say that I was really pissed to miss 4 meals in Paris, and 2 in Munich. That will show me to eat my husbands bernaise sauce.

tracey

The great thing about barbeque is that when you get hungry 3 hours later....you can lick your fingers

Maxine

Avoid cutting yourself while slicing vegetables by getting someone else to hold them while you chop away.

"It is the government's fault, they've eaten everything."

My Webpage

garden state motorcyle association

It is unlikely to be this meal.

so you've not been "poisoned at all".  sorry, you'll have to sue yourself for your evening meal the night before :D

why is it unlikely? I admit poisoned was putting it a bit strong, for comic effect, but what else does one call it?

The wife and I did not share an evening meal the night before. The meal we shared is the one I suspected

S

It is unlikely to be this meal.

so you've not been "poisoned at all".  sorry, you'll have to sue yourself for your evening meal the night before :D

why is it unlikely? I admit poisoned was putting it a bit strong, for comic effect, but what else does one call it?

For all the reasons stated, and repeated again in this thread. the timings.

the incubation period is much, much longer than what you report. your symptons came on very quickly, and as a result, is likely to be from something you ate the day before, or even the day before that.

a typical incubation period is anything from 12 - 48 hours, nothing like as immediate as you reported. Either it's not food related at all, or it relates to much earlier. But this has been said a number of times already.

A meal without wine is... well, erm, what is that like?