• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chocloate Dip for Biscotti

dreilly

A batch of Cinnamon-Hazelnut Biscotti are sitting in my freezer to be given as gifts for Christmas. I would like to make them a bit more special by dipping each cookie half in chocolate.

Some sources call for adding butter to chocolate melted in the microwave, others add some wax (does that sound tasty or what?) I have a hunk of semi-sweet chocolate just waiting for the treatment. Any hints?

Much appreciated...

Doris

if you don't know anything about tempering chocolate, i might suggest using chocolate chips (the kind for cookies) so that you don't have to hassle with it.

otherwise, you might want to look at the demo on tempering (milk) chocolate here. the only thing different is that with dark chocolate, you can take it a degree or two higher as your working temperature.

good luck!