• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The Ocean Palm (Ninety Grand)/Englewood

ELA

Any news on The Ocean Palm (formerly known as Nintey Grand)? I have not yet had a chance to head over. I called the other day -- they said they were open and were accepting reserversations. I also asked about the cigar bar/lounge downstairs (used to be called 90 Below). The woman who answered the phone said its been closed and will probably be turned into a private party room. That's too bad (for me).

Anyone been? So is this some new rendition of The River Palm?

Eric

Edited by ELA (log)

Any news on The Ocean Palm (formerly known as Nintey Grand)? I have not yet had a chance to head over. I called the other day to inquire -- they said they were open and were accepting reserversations. I also asked about the cigar bar/lounge downstairs (used to be called 90 Below). The woman who answered the phone said it's been closed and will probably be turned into a private party room. That's too bad (for me).

Anyone been? So is this some new rendition of The River Palm?

Eric

I drove by there on Wednesday...I saw a River Palm truck in the driveway and assumed that it was changing over FROM the Ocean Palm TO the River Palm, because I had heard from one of my customers that a new River Palm was opening up.

Apparently this is not the case.

A quick Google search seems to confirm that it is the same owners as the River PAlm, but I came up with nothing regarding the concept.

Nothing says I love you like a homemade salami

Thanks for the reply. Actually I didn't find out via Google or the internet. I tried a variety of different searches and came up with zero. Where did you find the info?

Anyway, got a couple of voice mails from some people who went -- not a lot in the way of details, but very good reports.

Eric

Thanks for the reply. Actually I didn't find out via Google or the internet. I tried a variety of different searches and came up with zero. Where did you find the info?

Anyway, got a couple of voice mails from some people who went -- not a lot in the way of details, but very good reports.

Eric

So what sort of "very good reports" did your people give?

Nothing says I love you like a homemade salami

The voice mails were basic, no details, "liked it a lot" -- "enjoyed it" -- "had a great time" -- that kind of thing. Nobody said anything about any specific dishes.

Eric

• 3 months later...

I know it is owned by same people who run River Palm - one of my favorites.

A few people I know have tried it & all said it is good, but not that special & VERY pricey.

When I say pricey - they said compared with what 90 Grand was & Sanzari, in Tenafly (2 of my favorites) this is more expensive.

Some were put off that the same salad you get included with meal at River Palm is extra $ there.

I still want to try myself.

Recent reviews in Bergen Record not very good