• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Wine Tag: D

Brad Ballinger

There's also, Deutz, Delamotte, Dehlinger, David Bruce, Ducru Beaucaillou. You can also use Domaine _________, DO, DOC, DOCG. Heck, we'll even give you dry, dulce, dessert wine, or a decanted wine.

To start it off, 1996 Bodegas Alion Ribera del Duero. Just about as good as it gets. Fantastic balance. Great core of black cherry and blackberry fruit with underlying tobacco, earthy minerality, and not too much oak. Tannins were ripe and yielding. Bright acidity. Great partner to grilled ribeye. Long fruit-driven finish.

Edited to add: I suppose I'd not be kind to my forum co-host if I neglected to mention Dover Canyon.

Edited by Brad Ballinger (log)

We cannot employ the mind to advantage when we are filled with excessive food and drink - Cicero