• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Bialleti Mokka express

Woods

I have a 12 c Bialetti Moka coffee pot with a broken handle. I contacted Bialetti about how to replace it as it is not intuitive. There is a pin that goes through the handle and that the lid hinges on. I am informed that the handle does not come predrilled so I have to try to drill a precise pin hole in the metal base. Is it me, or does this seem like poor customer service?

Edited by Woods (log)

I guess it depends on what you asked them. I've had nothing but superior service from them. Did you ask if you could send it back for a replacement? Also, I as a retailer would have immediately taken it back from you no questions asked, and dealt with Bialetti personally, so you might try that if you bought locally. Good luck.