• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

cwfenn

cwfenn

On October 31, 2007 at 9:20 AM, sbb1979 said:

Go to the National Starch website as listed above. Find the N-Zorbit product and request a sample.

You should have it within a couple of days.

An FYI - National Starch is now called "Ingredion".  They still do samples as well.  They provided me with maltodextrin and agar.  Plan on using it in home cooking and I'm going to use the agar in my microbiology class as well.  I wonder how many will want to eat something made with the same solidifying agent that is used to grow bacteria!

cwfenn

cwfenn

On October 31, 2007 at 9:20 AM, sbb1979 said:

Go to the National Starch website as listed above. Find the N-Zorbit product and request a sample.

You should have it within a couple of days.

An FYI - National Starch is now called "Ingredion".  They still do the samples as well.  They provided me with maltodextrin and agar.  Plan on using it in home cooking and I'm going to use the agar in my microbiology class as well.  I wonder how many will want to eat something made with the same solidifying agent that is used to grow bacteria!