• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Chivana

I just took a more careful look over the menu and I agree I don't see any Cuban influence. Hm.....

False marketing, eh?!?!?!?!

Or does having a mojito on the drinks list qualify?

I went with a friend (last year?) & we tried 2 or 3 things (I only remember 2): scallops with poached apples in some kjind of creamy yellow sauce (surprisingly good!) and seafood paella (meh, I'm not particularly fond of paella). It was practically deserted at 7 p.m. but was quite full by 9 p.m.

Well it's just particularly humourous that theyre deemed best Asian-Cuban fusion in Vancouver... because theyre the only restaurant of that type! But yes, I think it has more to do with the owners being a Cuban-Asian couple (please correct me if I'm wrong) rather than what's actually on the menu

One cannot think well, love well, sleep well, if one has not dined well.

Virginia Woolf