• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Tour Monthery, Dome Marais, Gaya, Guirlande

cigalechanta

I had the longest lunch and most fun at La Tour de Montlhery. What generous portions!!!

I had Dos de cabillard with roti creme d'ail, an aside of cabbage laces with lardons and a boiled potato. My wine was white something like Feuily?

Dome de Marais. I sat under the white glass dome.

My first dish was the lovliest presention. The colors made me think of Provencecrevettes gambas de pleine mer aux herbes thai.

King prawns with creme thai herb sauce.

the yellow shade of the rice where the the giant prawns in their saffrony color sat and entwined with the green of parsley.

Echine de cochon nor de bigare au citron de sicile was a cutlet of black pig from the pyrenees with lemon from sicily.

dessert choice was: brise de manerine salad d'orang gateau Nantais-orange maltaisin salad with mousse served with Nantes specialty cake.

I loved my sword fish at Gaya, but not the decor and ambiance, the other two I would return one day if ever I can.

I had reserved the Guirlande for Valentin's day and had their special that was 25€.

The Choice was a feuffeté d'oeufs broullés, creme de ciboulette

ou

terrine de canard aux pistaches (my choice)

La plat: filet de daurade a la plancha, jus au gingembre, riotto Madras

ou

Salmis de pinadeau, gnochis de chataigne( my choice was the fish-daurade)

dessert choices Parfait glace a la framboise

ou

mille feuille au chocolate(i had the mille feuille)

as usually I had an apertif of suze and a muscato d'asti to sip with dessert.

I always order the least expensive bottle of wine in order to eat well and in this case it was a Bourgogne Aligote 2003... belated Valentine's greetings to you

They gave me a copy of the menu otherwise I wouldn't remember

Sharing food with another human being is an intimate act that should not be indulged in lightly....MFK Fisher