• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Ryland Inn

chopjwu12

here is a short one for you tommy,

A new cook started with us one day he was a cool kid and my friends knew him from cafe boloud. Well right away they all start busting his balls a bit like they do every where in the kitchen world. So one friday i think it was he jumped on the line to help plate up. He had a dirty towel in his hand and he grabbed i think it may have been a piece of lobster or something. Well he put it down on his dirty towel in his hand. Well the soux chef saw this and ripped into real bad. Then he made him stick the towel in his mouth and walk laps around the entire kitchen for like 5 min. When he finished the chef was like did that towel tast good? The kid so no. The chef reply to that was so why the hell are you putting my clean food on a disgusting towel like that. Do you want my customers to taste what you just had in your mouth? No So dont ever let me catch you do that again.

Ofcourse there was alot mor vulgar words used but i dont think i should post them. But to see this poor kid run laps around the kicthen with a dirty towel stuffed in his mouth was preety funny. Needless to say the kid got the point.

I was thinking about how close a Sioux chief was to a sous chef. On the other hand, a Boloud is less likely to be confused with a Bouley than is a Boulud.

Robert Buxbaum

WorldTable

Recent WorldTable posts include: comments about reporting on Michelin stars in The NY Times, the NJ proposal to ban foie gras, Michael Ruhlman's comments in blogs about the NJ proposal and Bill Buford's New Yorker article on the Food Network.

My mailbox is full. You may contact me via worldtable.com.

I was thinking about how close a Sioux chief was to a sous chef. On the other hand, a Boloud is less likely to be confused with a Bouley than is a Boulud.

Bux -

You're being much too hard on Mr Boulud. We know that HE can't spell ("moderne"). Perhaps he has the same disability as Mr Quayl and his potatoe

Paul

Apparently it's easier still to dictate the conversation and in effect, kill the conversation.

rancho gordo

Ofcourse there was alot mor vulgar words used but i dont think i should post them.

After Bourdain's groundbreaking "What kind of ignorant motherfucking heap of still-steaming camel shit would make such a dumb-ass claim?" post I think you'd be hardpressed to make much offense here... :blush:

=Mark

Give a man a fish, he eats for a Day.

Teach a man to fish, he eats for Life.

Teach a man to sell fish, he eats Steak

Rail Paul posted on Jul 3 2002, 03:23 PM

You're being much too hard on Mr Boulud. We know that HE can't spell ("moderne"). Perhaps he has the same disability as Mr Quayl and his potatoe

En francais, "moderne" -- with an "e" -- is the correct spelling. :smile:

Rail Paul posted on Jul 3 2002, 03:23 PM

En francais, "moderne" -- with an "e" -- is the correct spelling. :smile:

merci

Apparently it's easier still to dictate the conversation and in effect, kill the conversation.

rancho gordo

What is it with you people and spelling? I can’t spell that’s a fact but I type much worse. I will make it a point from now on to run my post through spell check. I guess I have to please the gods somehow huh.