• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The Vineyard Challenge

Rebel Rose

Here's The Vineyard Challenge, an online game created by The McCarty Company.

Post your experiences and scores here.

I am an average grape grower, with a "decent" zin vineyard, a "respected" chardonnay vineyard, and two newish plots. But that was my first try!!! :sad:

Mary Baker

Solid Communications

Find me on Facebook

Hmm, I didn't get a rating on my vineyards...but it said I am "a respected grape grower"

Wonder how I am as a wine maker?

Dave Valentin

Retired Explosive Detection K9 Handler

"So, what if we've got it all backwards?" asks my son.

"Got what backwards?" I ask.

"What if chicken tastes like rattlesnake?" My son, the Einstein of the family.

i ended up being a successful wine merchant, with decent semillon and zinfandel vineyards, and 85 gold pieces.

of course considering that that's 29 years later and i started with 80...

hm, i just played again, and by being aggressive and blowing all my money in the beginning, combined with some luck i ended up a famous grape grower with two decent chardonnay vineyards, a decent semillon vineyard, respected cab and zin vineyards, and another starter cab vineyard. and 149 gold pieces. now that's more like it!

the verdict is: if you have a lot of money you can do anything.

I have 236 Gold Pieces.

A world famous semillon vineyard w/type B root stock

A famous semillon vineyard w/type B root stock

A decent zin vineyard w/type A root stock

A decent semillon vineyard w/type B root stock.

This gives me a ranking of master grape grower.

After 29 years, I retire happy and content.

I always attempt to have the ratio of my intelligence to weight ratio be greater than one. But, I am from the midwest. I am sure you can now understand my life's conundrum.

I too retired a successful wine merchant, happy and content with semillon and zinfandel and 80 pieces of gold.

John Sconzo, M.D. aka "docsconz"

"Remember that a very good sardine is always preferable to a not that good lobster."

- Ferran Adria on eGullet 12/16/2004.

Docsconz - Musings on Food and Life

Slow Food Saratoga Region - Co-Founder

Twitter - @docsconz

I wound up a very successful grape grower with 125 gold pieces, a well known zin, a decent chardonnay, a decent semillon, and 2 cabernet vineyards

Charles a food and wine addict - "Just as magic can be black or white, so can addictions be good, bad or neither. As long as a habit enslaves it makes the grade, it need not be sinful as well." - Victor Mollo

I ended up after 29 years as a master grape grower with 206 gold pieces, a well known chardonnay vineyard with type B root stock, a well known sémillon vineyard with type A root stock, a highly respected chardonnay vineyard with type B root stock, and 2 cabernet sauvignon vineyards with type B root stock.

I'm all-organic and tree-hugging, so I never did any spraying or irrigation, nor did I go for the premium rootstock. Oh, and I popped every time for the futurist's predictions.