• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

L'Atelier Joel Robuchon

This seems a little more concrete this time if the report is to be believed. As Gary said, he was looking at the Maze site, Ramsay snapped it up after Robuchon rejected it/couldn't come up with a deal, and using a similar concept opened L'atelier du Atherton..sorry Maze. :rolleyes:

Is Robuchon spreading the concept too thinly? Initial reports from Atelier in Paris were very positive, I had a great meal there shortly after it opened but I think there have been a fair few dud reviews mixed in with the good ones since. Make no mistake this is not a cheap eat in Paris and I imagine that it will be the same here as well.

"Why would we want Children? What do they know about food?"

• 4 months later...

Ooh ooh - Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

(sorry, couldn't resist. MacRobuchon is coming to town!)

Edited by MobyP (log)

"Gimme a pig's foot, and a bottle of beer..." Bessie Smith

Flickr Food

"111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321" Bruce Frigard 'Winesonoma' - RIP