• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Molto Mario

Mario seems pretty down to earth and I like his show- low key and knowledgeable with passion. Nice mix.

Back to music:  Ever catch Tommy Lee on Cribs?  Motherfucker never got a dime from me.  It sums up everything I hate about contemporary American culture and screams firestorm. (...someday a real rain will come and wash all the scum off the street...sick, venal....)

As a female, it's easy to be summed up as a groupie, but I got to meet a lot of people whose music meant a lot to me just walking up and saying thanks: Jello Biafra, Henry Rollins, Mike Ness, Jason Newsted...very nice guys.  Henry even hugged me; I first saw Black Flag at 15; pick up Get In the Van if you haven't already.

Now that "punk" is marketable, all the shit sounds the same.  Oh well.  Any suggestions?  I can't buy into that Blink 182 bs.

I have an extensive selection as well: Nina Simone, rockabilly, all the standards (Frank, Tony, Ella, the Louis (Prima, Armstrong), Mozart, Wagner...Sweet Honey In the Rock (vocal group)