• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Huntsville, Decatur AL and Environs

Jason Perlow

Dreamland Barbecue

Big Bob Gibson Barbecue

but this is only if you like barbecue ... :hmmm:

Huntsville menus online .. just keep in mind that it may not be what you have in New Jersey ... but they do have a Hooters ... :huh: and a Landry's Seafood House, which looks to be quite nice ...

Melissa Goodman aka "Gifted Gourmet"

Dreamland Barbecue

Big Bob Gibson Barbecue

but this is only if you like barbecue ...  :hmmm:

Perhaps I went on an off day, but I wasn't all knocked off my feet by Big Bob Gibson's...and neither was my gf. That's not to say it's bad - far from it. The expectations I had were probably too high. IMHO, Whitt's (in various Alabama towns) does a better pork sammich, and Hog Heaven (not in Alabama) does a better white bbq sauce. If you hit Whitt's, the loaded bbq potato is heaven in a styrofoam box.

I'll be hitting Dreamland next time I get to Alabama...supposed to be excellent.

Edited by carpetbagger, esq. (log)

• 1 year later...

Any updates to this? I am headed to the Space Center in Huntsville with #1 son and his cub scout pack this month and have 1 free dinner. Help save me from McDs :biggrin:

Thanks,

-Mike

-Mike & Andrea