• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Del Frisco vs Wolfgang vs Ben Benson's for visitor

luismi

Friends and family are visiting at the end of August and I want to take them to either of those 3 steakhouses (not Lugers, Striphouse, Sparks or any other).

Which one would you recommend? It will be a group of 8-10 people and probably 2 people will not be ordering meat, but the others are true meat lovers?

Gracias

Since you've omitted Luger's, I'd go with Wolfgang's.

I want pancakes! God, do you people understand every language except English? Yo quiero pancakes! Donnez moi pancakes! Click click bloody click pancakes!

• 2 weeks later...

I am still not sure to which one should I go?

There was a recent post on a travel Web site by someone who recently dined at Ben Benson's and said the wine list was especially good, he also enjoyed the steak as well.

I am still not sure to which one should I go?
There was a recent post on a travel Web site by someone who recently dined at Ben Benson's and said the wine list was especially good, he also enjoyed the steak as well.

Tell you what - Del Frisco's may be over the top, but I ate there with a friend recently at the bar - and everything was fabulous. Steak was terrific - wine list reasonable. Plus - unlike the others - you get the duplex view of 30 Rock - which your out-of-town visitors will like. Also the service didn't have that "I know everything and you don't" steakhouse jive.