• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Easton, NH

jtphjl

I will be in Easton, New Hampshire towards the end of July - looking for some dinner & lunch recommendations in the area -- I will have my car, so 20 - 30 minute drive won't be a problem.

Thanks, Jan

"When women are depressed, they either eat or go shopping. Men invade another country. It's a whole different way of thinking."

- Elaine Boosler

In Grafton County --- if that helps..........North of Kensington and West of Hampton...

"When women are depressed, they either eat or go shopping. Men invade another country. It's a whole different way of thinking."

- Elaine Boosler

This made me curious, because I was born and raised in Grafton County (Plymouth) and never heard of Easton! So I did a little Google and found this link which has some suggestions. Unfortunately it's been a few years since I lived there and I've not been to any of the places they list. It looks like you'll be in shooting distance of North Conway and Lincoln - North Conway has a location of Flatbread Company which is pizza that's definitely worth seeking out. In Lincoln, the Common Man is good. A breakfast place that shouldn't be too far from you is Polly's Pancake Parlor which is seriously not to be missed - great pancakes and bacon. Have a good trip!

"There is nothing like a good tomato sandwich now and then."

-Harriet M. Welsch

We stayed in Bath a few years back, and the dining choices were pretty limited. The Mt. Washington Hotel is a nice place to have lunch on the terrace--food is OK, but the setting is grand. Polly's Pancake House in Sugar Hill is a local favorite, and Beal House Inn looks promising. People like their food plain when you get above the Notch, so you may be better off getting good local produce and cooking yourself.

Clueless about exact location of Easton but if it's near No. Conway I like the Moot Mtn. Smokehouse. An elevated brewpub & BBQ joint, quite enjoyable & informal. Place right downtown is good too - Horsefeathers? Something like that? As I so often find in the hinterlands, anything with gourmet pretensions is an overpriced disappointment.

I'll second the opinion of eating lunch at the Mt. Washington. Unbelievable view and ambience, passable food.

Blog and recipes at: Eating Away

Let the lamp affix its beam.

The only emperor is the emperor of ice-cream.

--Wallace Stevens

If you are near North Conway I would highly reccomend Coyote Rose it is right in the village and I have never eaten there but we hear the toasted lab is good

"What some call health, if purchased by perpetual anxiety about diet, isn't much better than tedious disease"

George Dennison Prentice