• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Amarones

shugga

Has anyone been here?  It is on Cedar Lane in Teaneck near the town hall.  I think it has been there for a long time, but I've never gotten there.

Life is too important to be taken seriously.[br]Oscar Wilde

I eat there often - at least once every few weeks.

Great food - nice atmosphere - very reasonably priced.

Robert the mgr or owner is great - treats people like family.

His standard line is that if you dont see what you want on menu "we can talk" & he'll make you virtually anything you want.

I highly recommend it.

We were in a pasta mood tonight and decided to check out Amarone. My grilled squid appetizer was very good, Jason seemed to enjoy his portobella with gorganzola (both specials). I enjoyed my homemade pappardelle con funghi (more mushrooms than pasta :biggrin:), while Jason had the squid ink fettucini with seafood. There were a couple of the biggest scallops I had ever seen on his plate. So big I suspected they weren't really scallops, but he's sure they were real. Robert is as nice as you said, "We can talk" was heard throughout the restaurant. Overall it is a nice, very servicable restaurant with spare decore and much better than average food.

Oh, since Rosie is going to ask, they have a liquor license. Appetizers are $5-10, pastas $12-17, meat/fish $15-27 (most under $20). I noticed a pretty extensive dessert selection, but we didn't have anything sweet tonight.

It was more than half full on a weeknight, so I'd call ahead for a weekend reservation, 201-833-1897.

Amarone Restorante

63 Cedar Lane, Teaneck

Since I have their take out menu, let's see. On the regular menu is Sole, Salmon, Red Snapper, Shrimp, Scallops and Lobster tail. I seem to remember some more seafood selections on the specials list.

Which reminds me, the specials list was printed and inserted on the inside cover of the menu, with prices. I appreciated not having to hear and remember a list recited by the waiter.

I have eaten at this restaurant many times. Robert makes you feel as if you are family. They will make anything you want as long as they have the ingredients in the kitchen. Highly recommend the restaurant. It is diagonally across from Holy Name Hospital. :smile: