• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Resto for University Grad Party

*Deborah*

Picking your collective brains once again:

A co-worker's niece is graduating soon, and her mum wants to throw a party for around 40 persons, family and friends, maybe a bit trendy, dinner and whatnot. They would like a private room if they could; I think they'd also like somewhere that won't entirely break the bank, but on the other hand, not the Spaghetti Factory.

I'm thinking Fiction maybe? ...he was wondering about Brix.

We would just like a few ideas to float with the mum (who will be the decision-maker).

If you don't mind :smile: and I am also telling them about your service, Eric!

Agenda-free since 1966.

Foodblog: Power, Convection and Lies

What about the lower floor of the Alibi room?  May be a little too out there - but just throwing a suggestion.

Quel annoying website alors!!!!

Almost as bad as Saltlik, which has lowered the bar to new depths.

It sounds like a good possible location though, thanks Lee. :smile:

Agenda-free since 1966.

Oh, and Neil, how many people fit in your private room?

40 for a cocktail party, 32 max for a sit down but the side section where you were the other night can hold up to 55.

When exectly ? or did you put that down upthread.

No, I didn't put it as I don't know...the cool thing about your room of course is the pool table, eh? I'm pretty sure they want a sit down, though. Hmm, I will add you to the list :) Gingerbread may outweigh the need to have those pesky other 8 people :wink:

Agenda-free since 1966.