• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

. . . a little of that.

Florida Jim

NV Jean Milan, Champagne Brut Blanc de Blanc Spécial:

A torrent of tiny bubbles and the prominent scent and flavor of lemon; crisp and cleansing in the mouth. Lovely.

2000 Vieux Telegraph, Châteauneuf-du-Pape La Crau:

A loose knit, attractive wine with smoke, bacon, mineral and red fruit scents; flavors that follow the nose, moderate concentration, some complexity with airing; and a medium length finish. Delightful now and I see no reason to hold it.

2003 Dolium, Syrah:

A 14.5% syrah from Argentina that is neither hot nor overdone; evidences bacon and black fruit on the nose and palate with spicy black pepper on the finish; and although it will never be especially complex, neither is its delivery simple or boring. At $10, a wine worth another taste.

2003 Le Clos du Tue-Boeuf, Touraine La Guerrerie:

Smells of raspberry sweet-tarts, dirt and rhubarb; same flavors in the mouth with a couple of tablespoons of sugar added; “bitter beer” finish. A nasty piece of work and a poster child for how bad the 2003 vintage in France can be. DNPIM.

(On release, I just thought this needed a little time. Wrong.)

Best, Jim

www.CowanCellars.com

Shifting to some heayweighhts lately Jim?

:wink:

Thanks for sharig.

Andre Suidan

I was taught to finish what I order.

Life taught me to order what I enjoy.

The art of living taught me to take my time and enjoy.

NV Jean Milan, Champagne Brut Blanc de Blanc Spécial:

A torrent of tiny bubbles and the prominent scent and flavor of lemon; crisp and cleansing in the mouth. Lovely.

Release after release, this is a consistently great wine. Somehow I keep forgetting to list it whenever asked for a list of good small producers from Champagne. Thanks for posting this and reminding me.

We cannot employ the mind to advantage when we are filled with excessive food and drink - Cicero