• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Adesso Bistro and Lounge

Table for 3, Tricia, Lee, and Sasha?  James had to cancel for tonight.

Don't forget Karole (Foodie)!!

Something interesting to check out after a wonderful meal of regional Italian food ...

The Italian Government Cultural Office is hosting and exhibit on the history of Italian Cuisine since WWII. It's on until the 23rd.

Exhibition details HERE (CLICK-ARONI)

A.

Edited by Daddy-A (log)

I'm still recovering from a bad cold, my palate just isn't in good enough shape to warrant such a meal. Perhaps a drop in for a late drink afterwards is possible?

regardless, enjoy!

Hope to see you there Alistair

Andrew Morrison

Food Columnist | The Westender

Editor & Publisher | Scout Magazine

Oh dear - I'm spouse-less tomorrow-does that make me even more of a loser?

Of course not!! Of course, this is coming from the woman that is always single at these things.

Table for 3, Tricia, Lee, and Sasha? James had to cancel for tonight.

Holy Short Notice, Batman! I'm stag tonight - no babysitter and Tricia was out for a run late this afternoon and hurt her ankle.

Edited by Vancouver Lee (log)

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.

www.leecarney.com

Aha! I am the first participant to post.

Just wanted to thank everybody at Adesso tonight for all of their warmth, hospitality and professionalism. Excellent dinner - the whole sea bream with olives and tomatoes was definitely a winner - succulent and fresh. Perfectly concieved and executed.

I am looking forward to re-visiting soon and introducing some of my friends to Adesso. Excellent neighbourhood joint in the best sense of the word.

Also want to thank Andrew for taking on organizing this event. It was alot of fun and giving me this chance to meet all other egulleteers was very much appreciated. So what are my impressions of egullet vancouver people?

- Much nicer than anyone has a right to be

- Much much better looking that I expected

- Rowdy (in a good way) and a lot of fun

I am very much looking forward to the next event.

Once again - very excellent of Andrew to organize this event.

ugh - moving this chef koo's new thread - I guess I was not the first to post. :hmmm:

Edited by canucklehead (log)

• 1 month later...

Nice review. Still haven't had a chance to dine at Adesso, but was in to pick up a gift certificate on the weekend. Busy patio & inviting interior; we'll be back to try it out soon.

• 4 months later...
was in to pick up a gift certificate on the weekend. 

Just heard back from the recipients of said gift certificate, son & daughter-in-law. They used it last night, & by all accounts each had a great meal. Halibut for her (enjoyable, that's all I know), for him a short rib pasta dish, lots of rib meat, great flavour & a $17 price tag.

Said they were busy...still meaning to get there myself.

was in to pick up a gift certificate on the weekend. 

Just heard back from the recipients of said gift certificate, son & daughter-in-law. They used it last night, & by all accounts each had a great meal. Halibut for her (enjoyable, that's all I know), for him a short rib pasta dish, lots of rib meat, great flavour & a $17 price tag.

Said they were busy...still meaning to get there myself.

Thanks Jayhay

Hope to see you soon. I actually remember when you came by to purchase the gc.

Regards

Carol at Adesso

• 3 weeks later...
Any possibility of seeing the menu for:

A Taste of Calabria @ Adesso (Oct 17 - 31)

TIA  :smile:

Absolutely. Will post it tomorrow. :biggrin:

We will be covering all 22 regions of Italy. Our first one was Emilia Romagna and it is ongoing until Monday. Tues we start Calabria. The menus are $30 for 3 courses or $45 with wine pairings.

Calabria

1st course

Spinach Leaves with roasted bell peppers , shaved Fennel , orange segments ,

Black olive vinaigrette and Pecorino.

Baby eggplants, stuffed and roasted with Roma tomato cippolini onions,

Capers, anchovies, fresh herbs and Cacciocavallo cheese.

2nd course

Spaghettini – With Calabrese sausage, Hot chillies, garlic, eggplant, lemon zest ,

fresh basil

Ferrazzuoli pasta - Cauliflower, roasted pine nuts, raisins, Bottarga, and fresh parsley

3rd course

Albacore Tuna, Agro dolce, lemon risotto

Pork loin – Seared, with braised fennel; Honey –Pepperoncino glaze

Ciao

Luciano

• 2 weeks later...

Went and had a very civilized lunch today at Addesso with Mooshmouse. Great food and good value:

Started with the Aracini (deep fried rissotto balls - how can you miss?) - served with softly sweated red peppers as a sweet/sour counterpoint to the creamy fried rice.

Mains were:

Short ribs over house parpedelle

Seafood spaghettini

gallery_25348_1380_2015.jpggallery_25348_1380_9368.jpg

The ribs were rich, unctous, and delicous - they could have done with a bit more deffating - but still, great for chilly weather. The seafood spaghettini was bouyant and fresh and generous. You always think - "I should come here way more often" - what a great neighbourhood joint.

Then it was mmmmmm nap time back in my office. And for the record - it was Mooshmouse that ordered the mountain'o'ribs.

Went and had a very civilized lunch today at Addesso with Mooshmouse.  Great food and good value:

Started with the Aracini (deep fried rissotto balls - how can you miss?) - served with softly sweated red peppers as a sweet/sour counterpoint to the creamy fried rice.

Mains were:

Short ribs over house parpedelle

Seafood spaghettini

gallery_25348_1380_2015.jpggallery_25348_1380_9368.jpg

The ribs were rich, unctous, and delicous - they could have done with a bit more deffating - but still, great for chilly weather.  The seafood spaghettini was bouyant and fresh and generous.  You always think - "I should come here way more often" - what a great neighbourhood joint.

Then it was mmmmmm nap time back in my office.  And for the record - it was Mooshmouse that ordered the mountain'o'ribs.

Thanks for the kind words and great pictures. We should add them to our new website.

Cheers

Luciano