• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Congratulations, Katie!

rlibkind

Congratulations Katie. And defenitely good luck in the endevour.

BTW, someone earlier suggested adding a Halbtrocken Riesling. I think the Thungeshiemer (Ravensburg?) Riesling Halbtrocken is pretty decent for a reasonable price and if you have a LCB Specialty or Premium store nearby, they should be able to get it in for you.

So if I were to stumble in during happy hour tomorrow (Thursday) with some folks from the Brewers Conference, what's on tap? Not sure I'll be able to sway the crowd but it might be fun to do something other than the usual beer places.

---Guy

So if I were to stumble in during happy hour tomorrow (Thursday) with some folks from the Brewers Conference, what's on tap?  Not sure I'll be able to sway the crowd but it might be fun to do something other than the usual beer places.

---Guy

Guy:

I've got Bass Ale and Sly Fox O'Reilly's Stout - Black and Tans made from both, Yard's Philly Pale Ale, Yeungling Lager, Stoudt's Abbey Tripple, Flying Fish E.S.B., Sly Fox Royal Weisse and Victory Prima Pils.

I can also offer up some inexpensive Long Island Blue Points on the half shell at $5/half dozen and Cherrystones for $2.50/half dozen as well as orders of Popcorn Shrimp or Mussels Red or White for $5 at Happy Hour too. Happy Hour is 5-7 PM.

Gotta have some good grub for the beers to land on, right? :biggrin:

I'd be delighted to have some of the beer geeks in town for the Brewers Conference stop in. Tell 'em all to come! A few of the brewers/sales reps in town for the conference have already stopped by. The fellows from Rogue just stopped in on Tuesday. And I'll be in all day and all night Thursday- I'm closing, so come on over. Introduce yourselves when you arrive and I'll make sure the bar takes good care of you.

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

Guy:

I've got Bass Ale and Sly Fox O'Reilly's Stout - Black and Tans made from both, Yard's Philly Pale Ale, Yeungling Lager, Stoudt's Abbey Tripple, Flying Fish E.S.B., Sly Fox Royal Weisse and Victory Prima Pils.

I can also offer up some inexpensive Long Island Blue Points on the half shell at $5/half dozen and Cherrystones for $2.50/half dozen as well as orders of Popcorn Shrimp or Mussels Red or White for $5 at Happy Hour too.  Happy Hour is 5-7 PM.

Gotta have some good grub for the beers to land on, right?  :biggrin:

I'd be delighted to have some of the beer geeks in town for the Brewers Conference stop in.  A few of the brewers/sales reps in town for the conference have already stopped by.  The fellows from Rogue just stopped in on Tuesday.  And I'll be in all day and all night THhursday- I'm closing, so come on over.  Introduce yourselves when you arrive and I'll make sure the bar takes good care of you.

Cool! Thanks, I'll try to make it but can't promise...

---Guy

Just wanted to say thanks to Katie and all the staff at SSOH. I had a great time this evening with all the brewers. Chatted with Guy and his gang. Hope to see him again soon at a future DDC event. I also talked with Neil Evans of Albany Pumping. Will need to make a side-trip in July when I venture up to Cooperstown, NY. And Brian O'Reilly and the crew from Sly Fox was also there. Great food, great beer, and great people.

Thanks Gary. The place was just lousy with beer geeks last night. And everybody stayed and had dinner which was super. Several folks came back for a return visit tonight, and the owner of Sly Fox was kind enough to stop by this afternoon with a couple of T-shirts for last night's bartenders that he'd gotten chummy with over dinner. Really nice.

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

Ahh probably my favorite place in philly. I hoped I could get there tonight but by the time the work day was done it was very late and time to wander home.

Bright side is I will be in soon. God I love the oysters there.

Congrats.

Edited by handmc (log)

Ah, it's been way too long since I did a butt. - Susan Fahning aka "snowangel"

--------------------

One summers evening drunk to hell, I sat there nearly lifeless…Warren