• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Belvedere Bartender's Bash Competition

slkinsey

Belvedere vodka is having a cocktail competition. If you're a professional bartender from New York City, Las Vegas, San Francisco or South Florida, go here and submit your best original cocktail recipe that uses uses Belvedere Vodka, Belvedere Cytrus Vodka or Belvedere Pomarancza Vodka as its base.

This January, master mixologist Tony Abou-Ganim will choose one Bar Chef to represent [New York City, Las Vegas, San Francisco and South Florida, respectively] in the Belvedere Bartenders' Bash at the South Beach Wine & Food Festival on February 27, 2005. The winning bartenders will receive a trip to Miami, including hotel and airfare, to compete against top Bar Chefs from [the other cities] to see who can mix the most perfect Belvedere cocktail and win the $5,000 cash prize and trophy.

Submissions are due by Wednesday, January 5, 2005.

--

I just wrote an article on Tony, nice guy and he makes great drinks!

Here is the link if anyone cares...there are a few of his recipes in the article.

http://www.dailybreeze.com/rave/articles/1161657.html

Edited by Chris Cognac (log)

Moo, Cluck, Oink.....they all taste good!

The Hungry Detective

Tony is going to be shooting a 1 hr show for fine living in the next 2 months that should be really great. Its going to focus on great drinks and people who make them across the country...I had the producer up in my helicopter last night! Thanks $50...wish the photos were in the online edition, oh well...cheap newspaper!

Moo, Cluck, Oink.....they all taste good!

The Hungry Detective