• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

La mediterannee,paris(6e)

pierre45

La mediteranee.place de l'odeon.01 43 26 02 30

THis is a seafood restaurant in the heart of latin quarter. Tables are widely spaced and beautiful frescoes adorn the walls.

Service is cold ,but professional.Known clients seem to get special treatment .

The food is very tasty with fresh ingredients beautifully presented and simply prepared.I had tuna tartare as a starter and rougets provencales for main.

Veuve cliquot champagne ,went beautifully with the meal.

This meal without the drinks and dessert cost 45E.Fixed menus with interesting choices are offered at 35 E.

SO overall this restautant seems to offer good values.

specially for a seafood place.its also open i beleive on sundays and you can't beat that in paris

La mediteranee.place de l'odeon.01 43 26 02 30

I'd second that; we go about once a year and it's without flaws (our experience with the service has been better, however). In the summer or nice fall/spring weather, the terasse is terrific with very little traffic.

John Talbott

blog John Talbott's Paris