• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Hazed & Infused

Susan in FL

Wow! Hazed & Infused, Rockies Brewing Company, Boulder, Colorado ...A beer new to me, which I actually found here in Florida. When I saw this with its catchy name in a Whole Foods Market in Winter Park, I had to try it. I'll definitely get more, even if I can find it no closer to us than Winter Park, which is about an hour away.

According to the label, it is the first release in the Looking Glass Series of specialty beers by this company, and is an unfiltered dry-hopped ale which is "hazed" and "infused" with Crystal and Centennial hops.

I must say the first adjective that came to mind as I tasted this was orgasmic. But for some more traditional descriptions... This nice hoppy beer is so flavorful, dry -- not even hinting of being too bitter, citrusy and piney, and aromatic. It is all about hops, and I am all about hops, so I love this. It ranks up there with Hop Devil, Tuppers Hop Pocket, 60 Minute IPA, etc. for me.

I'm wondering if this beer has been around for a while, and I just lost touch with what's new since I moved to Florida three years ago. I will go visit the Rockies Brewing Company web site, but please do comment if you know of other good beers by them to recommend.

Life is short; eat the cheese course first.