• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Marco and Mario

Mario, I heard that you worked in a restaurant in Clerkenwell, London (what is/was Maison Novelli) alongside Marco Pierre White back in the late 80's before you both became famous. Can you confirm if it is true or not, and if so, do you have any stories from that time that you could share with us.

i actually worked with marco pierre white when he was at a place called the six bells a renovated old guy pub on kings road in chelsea... he was a genius and an evil one last we spoke he had launched a hot pan of risotto at my chest in service, i look forward to speaking with him this year as bill buford has contacted him for some juicy bits in bill's new book heat mb