• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Israeli wine -- Margalit "Lot 37"

arkestra

I posted this on the Middle East board and someone had the good sense to suggest I post it here. So here it is:

I just returned from a visit to Israel. While there, I bought a bottle of Margalit "Lot 37" 2001 Cabarnet and shared it with some friends. A truly excellent wine that in my very unprofessional opinion, stacks up nicely with really good international wines. If I hadn't been traveling with my kids, I would have purchased a couple bottles to take back home. Does anyone know if there is a way to purcahse this wine for shipping to the U.S., either online or by calling the winery or a retailer in Israel?

I posted this on the Middle East board and someone had the good sense to suggest I post it here. So here it is:

I just returned from a visit to Israel. While there, I bought a bottle of Margalit "Lot 37" 2001 Cabarnet and shared it with some friends. A truly excellent wine that in my very unprofessional opinion, stacks up nicely with really good international wines. If I hadn't been traveling with my kids, I would have purchased a couple bottles to take back home. Does anyone know if there is a way to purcahse this wine for shipping to the U.S., either online or by calling the winery or a retailer in Israel?

Check www.wine-searcher.com