• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Israeli Wine -- Margalit "Lot 37"

arkestra

I just returned from a visit to Israel. While there, I bought a bottle of Margalit "Lot 37" 2001 Cabarnet and shared it with some friends. A truly excellent wine that in my very unprofessional opinion, stacks up nicely with really good international wines. If I hadn't been traveling with my kids, I would have purchased a couple bottles to take back home. Does anyone know if there is a way to purcahse this wine for shipping to the U.S., either online or by calling the winery or a retailer in Israel?

You might want to post your question on the wine board as well. I don't know if Andre looks at this forum, but he owns a wine store in Haifa and might be able to help you.

"Some people see a sheet of seaweed and want to be wrapped in it. I want to see it around a piece of fish."-- William Grimes

"People are bastard-coated bastards, with bastard filling." - Dr. Cox on Scrubs

Gifted Gourmet -- Thanks for the links. I saw Daniel Rogov's article before posting the message. It seems he, too, liked the wine.

bloviatrix -- Thanks for the suggestion. I've already posted on the wine board.

It is after working hours at the moment in Israel, but I'll find out tomorrow morning with the Wine Route (who last week held an occasion in which "lot37" was presented. I'll try also calling the winery, and hopefully bring some results. This may give me the chance of tasting the wine myself.

Boaziko

"Eat every meal as if it's your first and last on earth" (Conrad Rosenblatt 1935)

http://foodha.blogli.co.il/

Hi arkestra,

I spoke with the winery: Lot 37 was one of many experiments they do. It started with 2 barrels (-+600 bottles), most of which Shaked (wine route) Took and sold. There are only few "leftovers" in the winery for internal use.

One of the Wine route stores is supposed to let me know if they can get me couple of bottles. If they do get it what shall we do?

Keep you posted,

Boaziko

"Eat every meal as if it's your first and last on earth" (Conrad Rosenblatt 1935)

http://foodha.blogli.co.il/