• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Need a place for a late lunch/ early happy hour!

Oh I need your sharp minds again! Picking up my friend's mom from the airport on Friday at 2:30, dinner is at 7pm. She is going to want to grab a nice little nosh to tide her over. I'll most likely be driving up to the Greenlake area on 99 or I5.

Cocktails at Sambar then dinner at Rays later. Who is open around 3pm for a light bite and a glass of wine. View preferred, patio even better! She is in from Spokane the poor lady! :wacko:

Thanks!

You could always stop at Elliott's as you drive by on 99. If you want something casual you could go to The Nickerson Street (although their view of the canal is across Fremont). I had high hopes for the new Buena Vista on north Lake Union (where The Lakeside used to be) but after an awful lunch there last weekend, I won't be going back. If you're headed to Greenlake, there's always Taqueria Guaymus, Bluewater Bistro, the Greenlake Grill, Dukes, etc.

Practice Random Acts of Toasting

I had high hopes for the new Buena Vista on north Lake Union (where The Lakeside used to be) but after an awful lunch there last weekend, I won't be going back. 

Can't say as I am terribly surprised. Buena Vista is the new venture from Maritza Texeira, the chef who brought us the disaster-that-was Gitano, in the Madison Valley space that is now Voila!

~A

Anita Crotty travel writer & mexican-food addictwww.marriedwithdinner.com

Too bad about Buena Vista, while kayaking on Lk. Union last week I was saying what a shame it was that there weren't any great restaurants with decks to take advantage of the beautiful view from the north end of the shore there. And then we come around the bend and see Buena Vista. I got excited thinking it would be a great summer spot!