• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

El Prado - Ridgewood

cheesy

Last night 5 of us went to El Prado, a very small bring your own Spanish restaurant.  The service was very slow, and the menus not very extensive,  but the food was good.  I had an excellent whole snapper, and the prices are extremely reasonable.  I saw lots of people doing take out.  Owner is Dora; she is very nice.

• 1 year later...

If you are on the anti-Atkins diet be sure to go to El Prado. I have never had so many carbs in one meal. When seated we were brought fried plantains with a sour cream/garlic dip and a parsley and olive oil dip. For apps Lowell had a beautifully presented beet and potato salad that had been molded in a tall rectangle with a flower perched on the top. The salad was good but I prefer roasted beets that have not been pickled. I had eggplant that was listed as being stuffed with garlic and almonds. The eggplant was fine and I LOVE garlic but the uncooked garlic paste in this dish was overpowering. Entrees were a rice and chicken dish that was accompanied with fried plantains. Yes it was tasty but the tremendous serving of rice and bits of chicken made this dish one that I could not recommend. Lowell had pork chops accompanied with addictive greaseless homemade potato chips, a tremendous amount of rice, a bit of beans and guacamole. It was just ok. Dessert was a very good flan. BYO. With tax and tip the meal was $62.

Rosalie Saferstein, aka "Rosie"

TABLE HOPPING WITH ROSIE

• 4 months later...
El gone-o.

El Crazy Burrito took its place.

You are like the fuckin Grim Reaper. Stay out of my place. Don't need the bad karma

See ya at Monster Sushi. I hear the sushi rolls are larger than Rosie. :shock:

Edited by Lreda (log)