• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sprite Remix Remixed?

alacarte

• 2 months later...
I bought the "Berryclear Sprite Remix"  (purple can). Has anyone else tried it yet?

It tastes like grape soda with extra fizz.

It's actually pretty good.

Okay, let me get this straight... they aren't killing the Remix sub-brand. They are just killing what it was originally supposed to be and substituting this new flavor? What the hell? Was the "Remix" brandname valuable?

Okay, this part of the BevNet piece is odd:

Until then, consumers will be able to mix their own flavored versions of Sprite. The company is putting about 35,000 cold-drink barrels in convenience stores throughout the U.S. with flavor packets of grape, cherry and mixed berry that can be squeezed into soft drinks. The promotion, called Flavor Hits, will be available through March.

It's April--almost May. Did this ever happen? Where?

Jon Lurie, aka "jhlurie"

The concept behind remix is that the flavor is going change from time to time. There was an article I'd read while trapped on an airplane that asserted that Remix is going to have a theme (fruity flavor or maybe even just Sprite-ness) but that it will always be changing and different than it was before.

Hal

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, this part of the BevNet piece is odd:

Until then, consumers will be able to mix their own flavored versions of Sprite. The company is putting about 35,000 cold-drink barrels in convenience stores throughout the U.S. with flavor packets of grape, cherry and mixed berry that can be squeezed into soft drinks. The promotion, called Flavor Hits, will be available through March.

It's April--almost May. Did this ever happen? Where?

I've seen them here in the Midwest...never bothered to try them though.

I don't drink pop much - plus it looked like a pretty desperate ploy.

...I thought I had an appetite for destruction but all I wanted was a club sandwich.

• 10 months later...

New Sprite Remix flavor is out: "Aruba Jam".

It's good, but I have no idea how to describe the taste. Pineapple maybe?

The thing is I'm half convinced this is the same flavor as the old "Tropical" but with a new name. But I don't have any of the "Tropical" left to compare it to.

Jon Lurie, aka "jhlurie"