• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Wild Boar

JosephB

What does it taste like?

Is it nice and gamey? Or is it is like a pork chop or shoulder from one of the big supermarkets? Nothing wrong with that...but that's not what I'm looking for.

I adore pork and would be willing to pay about..mmm, 10-12 dollars a pound? Delivered to my door in Oregon, that is.

Silly question, I'm sure, but boar IS considered a pork product, right? :rolleyes:

Shelley: Would you like some pie?

Gordon: MASSIVE, MASSIVE QUANTITIES AND A GLASS OF WATER, SWEETHEART. MY SOCKS ARE ON FIRE.

Twin Peaks

What does it taste like?

Is it nice and gamey? Or is it is like a pork chop or shoulder from one of the big supermarkets? Nothing wrong with that...but that's not what I'm looking for.

I adore pork and would be willing to pay about..mmm, 10-12 dollars a pound? Delivered to my door in Oregon, that is. 

Silly question, I'm sure, but boar IS considered a pork product, right? :rolleyes:

We have a bunch around here and it's Gamey and very good. Worth eating but not wild boar anymore like you can get in Europe. But they have the same problem with interbreeding now. :biggrin:

Bruce Frigard

Quality control Taster, Château D'Eau Winery

"Free time is the engine of ingenuity, creativity and innovation"

111,111,111 x 111,111,111 = 12,345,678,987,654,321