• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Ming Tsai

tommy

I met him this week in Boston, he's definitely the real deal, too. Hard working guy.

i621.jpg

Ming Tsai at the Association of Food Journalists Conference

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

I met him this week in Boston, he's definitely the real deal, too. Hard working guy.

did you go to blue ginger? i love that place.

i haven't seen his new show on PBS, although i've got one TiVo'd.

I haven't seen it either but I met the producer of the show as she was on the same panel with me at the AFJ conference. Really sharp lady. We're working on a Q&A with Ming (he's definitely going to do it), so stay tuned.

We really didnt have enough time for dining out as we were only in boston for a night and a day and a morning. But I definitely plan to try Blue Ginger the next time I am there.

Jason Perlow, Co-Founder eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters

Foodies who Review South Florida (Facebook) | offthebroiler.com - Food Blog (archived) | View my food photos on Instagram

Twittter: @jperlow | Mastodon @jperlow@journa.host

We're working on a Q&A with Ming (he's definitely going to do it), so stay tuned.

That's great, Jason.

Neither local PBS station has seen fit to pick up his show. East Meets West was one of FTV's better offerings, and I'm curious to check this one out too.

Heather Johnson

In Good Thyme

I'm happy to say Ming's show is in Philadelphia. It's a really good show. I like the organization. He takes a basic element such as a sauce or his "cracker dough" and then uses it in 3-4 different dishes. Also he has a guest chef - Jasper White today - who incorporates Ming's master sauce or dough in one of his own recipes. And while he's very personable, you sense he feels the show's about the food, not him, which is admirable.

"Half of cooking is thinking about cooking." ---Michael Roberts

Ming :wub: sigh. He's certainly the best looking of all the celeb chefs. Oh, Todd English is pretty hot, too, but Ming is the hottest. OK, back to actual comments about cooking ability.

Edited by Kim WB (log)