• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Latium

I like the sound of that place in Marylebone...

I needed a lunch place a couple of days after I had posted this, so was inspired to give it another go. I had Cornish crab to start which was very good,very fresh, but all white meat, and I actually prefer brown. Then red mullet with dried tomatoes and romanesco broccoli. That was really sensational. If I were being picky I would say it was slightly too oily, but the flavours combined really well, and it was all perfectly cooked. Gorgeous. I'd forgotten how nicely, though simply, things are presented. And the service is charming and efficient.

Then red mullet with dried tomatoes and romanesco broccoli. That was really sensational. If I were being picky I would say it was slightly too oily, but the flavours combined really well, and it was all perfectly cooked. Gorgeous.

Yes I also like that dish very much, it encapsulates truly Italian flavours (very intense tomato, quality Taggiasche olives and fabulous olive oil) without being a stock Italian dish. Here's a truly appalling photo even by my standards, but to me the dish tastes 'red', so it gives the feel after all :biggrin:

mullet.JPG