• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Sunday Brunch

scarlet knight

I've been to the Bicycle Club (as a guest) and thought the quality was pretty high.

Bicycle Club

$13.95 per person; children under 10 – 1/2 price

Sunday Buffet Brunch is from 11:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. and includes the items below

Please add 6% tax + 17% gratuity (for parties of 8 or more)

Cake: $2.00–2.50 per person (depending on type of cake)

Omelette Station Hot Pasta Dish Hot Seafood Dish

Hot Chicken Dish Waffles French Toast

Eggs Benedict Ham Bacon

Sausage Hash Brown Potatoes Mini Muffins

Pound Cake Caesar Salad Seafood Salad

Tuna Pasta Salad Chicken Salad Fresh Fruit Salad

Bagels Lox Cream Cheese

Sliced Tomatoes Sliced Onions Juice

Coffee Tea Decaf

One brunch drink: Mimosa, Bloody Mary, Champagne, Screwdriver

well, really really low-mid level might be that place in hackensack (i'm blanking on the name right now, but it's pretty famous). i have to admit, it's usually filled with blue-hairs, but i enjoyed their breakfast/brunch buffet one sunday. but i suppose you have to be in the mood for that type of thing. a nice spread, actually, but standard stuff.

well, really really low-mid level might be that place in hackensack (i'm blanking on the name right now, but it's pretty famous).  i have to admit, it's usually filled with blue-hairs, but i enjoyed their breakfast/brunch buffet one sunday.  but i suppose you have to be in the mood for that type of thing.  a nice spread, actually, but standard stuff.

I think you mean "The Restaurant"

well, really really low-mid level might be that place in hackensack (i'm blanking on the name right now, but it's pretty famous).  i have to admit, it's usually filled with blue-hairs, but i enjoyed their breakfast/brunch buffet one sunday.  but i suppose you have to be in the mood for that type of thing.  a nice spread, actually, but standard stuff.

I think you mean "The Restaurant"

nope, i mean Waterloo Sue's. :biggrin:

Edited by tommy (log)

I have been to the Bicycle Club & although I eat dinner there pretty often, as I live near, I dont love the brunch.

Just next door & owned by the same "HAT LADY" is Assembly Steakhouse - very nice brunch - I used to like it a little better when it wasn't buffet, but the buffet is nice & you can still order off the menu as long as you pay the buffet price.

Little less fancy, but good is Moon Street in Englewood. Not buffet, but very nice & more reasonably priced.

Guest johnh91011

Verjus' brunch is great. $20.00 per person. Gets you a small juice, an apetizer, entree and coffee. Their eggs benedict is to die for. The goat cheese, ham omelette is superb.

By the way every time we have been there for brunch they have had fresh homemade preserves for the bread.

Highly recommended

Guest johnh91011

I think $20.00 was a fair price for what we got. Verjus used to price everything ala carte with the entree's at around $9.95. However you would then pay for everything seperately. I think that they should have an option prix fixe without an appetizer at about $15.00.