• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

eG Foodblog: SobaAddict70 - The horror! The horror!

(Saturday, continued)

Chicken thighs are good too, especially stewed with chicken legs (skin on) in garlic, vinegar, soy and black peppercorns. Adobo manok is one of the great hallmarks of Filipino cuisine. (I prefer chicken to pork adobo, just my preference.)

Just finished off a slice of pizza, sprinkled with lime salt, red pepper flakes and basil. Extra cheese. A plastic cup of 7-Up.

Might chill out for a bit before I go clubbing.

Thanks for reading along. All right elyse, it's your turn. :smile:

Soba

elyse, you too are without question dreamy.

But Soba's dreaminess cannot be set aside without leaving a crack in the world that lets the darkness seep and soak.

"I've caught you Richardson, stuffing spit-backs in your vile maw. 'Let tomorrow's omelets go empty,' is that your fucking attitude?" -E. B. Farnum

"Behold, I teach you the ubermunch. The ubermunch is the meaning of the earth. Let your will say: the ubermunch shall be the meaning of the earth!" -Fritzy N.

"It's okay to like celery more than yogurt, but it's not okay to think that batter is yogurt."

Serving fine and fresh gratuitous comments since Oct 5 2001, 09:53 PM

elyse, you too are without question dreamy.

But Soba's dreaminess cannot be set aside without leaving a crack in the world that lets the darkness seep and soak.

Oh dear. Didn't mean for THAT to happen!

Me? Dreamy? Shucks. :wub:

My turn Soba?

For Soba,Elyse, Sladeums and the other holiday gypped: I guarantee I know your feelings of being screwed . My oldest daughter was 7-30-70, but my other 2 were 12-25-73, and 12-31-75. The younger 2 were gettin shorted on Christmas and b'days being so close together, so when my oldest turned 10, I declared everyone would have their birthday on the 4th of July. It worked out so well in so many ways I can't begin to say! The family was already there for a big ole doings, and by July my budget was recovered from holiday strain. The only downside was one of my youngest daughter's teachers asking her her birthday, and she says"Which one-my real one or my mom's day for me? I'm not real sure if the teacher ever believed my explanation.