• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

The Cabin

It is most definately a toast maker. I have one too. :biggrin:

Marlene

Practice. Do it over. Get it right.

Mostly, I want people to be as happy eating my food as I am cooking it.

Peter just perused my post (me supervising). Per Peter "Mom, what I really like about the cabin is that you and dad don't do that grown-up stuff like talking on the phone and doing laundry and going to the store and the cash machine. You guys act like kids."

Well said, oh wise one. Peter is 8.

Susan Fahning aka "snowangel"

Diana is at camp right now, just south of our cabin. It was 25 degrees (F) not spitting distance from the camp she is at, and under 30 at The Cabin.

Will we ever swim comfortably again? Languish in the lake? The sub-freezing temps could put the blueberries in jeopardy....

This is turning out to be the summer that never was. All of us have remarked that we have "kept our sweatshirts close at hand..."

We Head North again on Friday. For the long weekend.

Peter is so excited he's packed already.

We will stop and see Diana at camp (she's there for over a month). Think I'll take tapenade and a baguette for treats.

We're more than ready. The weaher has turned, and it has beem warm, dry and sunny at the cabin, so we should do more than dip in the lake.

The only fireworks will be late at night after the kids are in bed. :wub::wub:

Menus to be decided, but will include plenty of smoked pork products and waffles. And beef.

Edited by snowangel (log)

What about blue berries (she asks while eating a bowl full of berries and cream)?

True Heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic.

It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost,

but the urge to serve others at whatever cost. -Arthur Ashe

What about blue berries (she asks while eating a bowl full of berries and cream)?

End of July. Our next trip will be just after the weekend of the 18th of July, and I will stay for a couple of weeks (at least). That's when we'll blueberry. Raspberries typically are ready about the same time.

I hope for some strawberries this weekend. If they are there, they will be very tiny, and we will get them before we mow.

We mow to keep the tick population down, or at least off us. Nothing like seeing the ticks on the tall fronds of grass, waving, just waiting for our bare skin.

You must be a few weeks behind us berry wise. This was the very last week for strawberries and the first for blues and red and black raspberries.

True Heroism is remarkably sober, very undramatic.

It is not the urge to surpass all others at whatever cost,

but the urge to serve others at whatever cost. -Arthur Ashe

This has been the week from hell. We had new kitchen counters (granite!) installed yesterday, which has meant disruption -- clearing out cabinets, removing counters, sink, plumbing, etc., and replacing same. It has been plumbing hell, including five (yes, five) trips to the hardware joint yesterday (we are DIY'ers). And, not done yet. Oh, the horrors one can discover when one embarks on a DIY.

In addition, at long last, I have put in a garden at our new-to-us house. Tomatoes and flowers. I missed the boat on green beans and other stuff, so they will wait until next year.

So, we need the cabin. Badly.

Diana is at camp currently about an hour south of our cabin, and she reports that along with the first day of summer, the weather has changed. No longer bitter cold, windy and rainy. The water is warming by the day. Actually swimmable. She also reports that the nights have been clear and much warmer. So, me senses a swim tomorrow night just might in my future when we arrive.

Me also senses a pretty minimalist food weekend. Since we will not arrive until late tomorrow night (we will stop and see Diana; she is gone for over 5 weeks and leave her a care package and kisses that will embarrass her), only two dinners, three lunches and three breakfasts.

For dinners, I'm thinking some chuck eye steaks one night. Brats the other night. The meat market by our new house has great brats. I'll throw potatoes into the Action Packer. My dad is going to be right by the farmer's market tomorrow, so he will pick up greens and whatever else looks good. Breaksfast is a no-brainer. I have three pounds of great smokehouse bacon (local joint), 2 pounds of breakfast sausage; we will stop on the way for eggs, and then there can be pancakes or waffles. If there are fresh straberries at the farmer's market, we'll have those and yogurt on top of the pancakes. And, as I've mentioned before, lunch is sliced meat (leftovers of salami or whatever), cheese, bread and fruit. I better head to the market. I think I should add batteries for the flashlights (middle of the night trips to the outhouse) to the list. And Gin. Tonic. Limes. Beer. For sweet treats for Heidi and Peter, I think I"ll get some oreos or choc covered graham crackers. Which reminds me...smore's supplies. List is growing.

Good news is we don't have to pack many clothes. The bathing suits are up there. I have left two t-shirts and two pair of shorts up there (per person. I don't think I'm going to bother with jeans.

It has been a hard summer. A long and difficult winter. Make extra difficult because the efforts required on our new but previously neglected house has required a lot of attention, and the weather at The Cabin has not been conducive to visits. And, after this weekend, it will be two weeks before we get up there again. But, in late July, I will be there for two or three weeks. The best two or three weeks of the year -- the water will be warm, the blueberries will be ripe, the sunnies will be biting, and the bugs will be down.

Edited to add: early August, I will celebrate my 46th birthday at the cabin. I have celebrated every birthday since I was 21 at The Cabin.

For dinners, I'm thinking some chuck eye steaks one night.

Inch thick chuck eye steaks totally kick ass -- they're more flavorful and almost as tender ribeyes.

Edited to add:  early August, I will celebrate my 46th birthday at the cabin.  I have celebrated every birthday since I was 21 at The Cabin.

I'm awlfully jealous. My birthday is in December which nearly always happens to very cold at my family's cabin. My track record for visiting the cabin in the summer though is much better: 28 of the 30 summers of my life I've made the trip. Now that I'm within easy driving distance (~5 hrs), I most assuredly won't miss a summer.

Beautiful pics, Susan! When I was up around Northome MN for a couple weeks during the summer we never got out of our sweatshirts for more an hour in the "heat" of the afternoon. They all laughed at us -- 76 was warm for them in the summer, but barely spring for us when you consider our winter temps average between 60-65 (F)! That 46 is low for a dip -- even though the water feels warmer, it's the hopping back out that always gets to me. :wink: I like it hot when I emerge from the cool silky water. :laugh:

But we loved it up there and I would have relocated in a flash at that point in my life-- and the nearly midnight sun was fabulous. You have light about an hour longer than we do right now way down here in central TX.

As always, enjoy your Cabin stay vicariously, and thanks for sharing so much of the experience with us all. Venison sausage, I have to say yummm. :biggrin: And , cool, Mom -- I never got tapenade and baguettes as a treat when I went to camp. :cool:

Judith Love

North of the 30th parallel

One woman very courteously approached me in a grocery store, saying, "Excuse me, but I must ask why you've brought your dog into the store." I told her that Grace is a service dog.... "Excuse me, but you told me that your dog is allowed in the store because she's a service dog. Is she Army or Navy?" Terry Thistlewaite

Were you able to keep Heidi away from the water? What did Peter think of making scrambled eggs?

Saturday afternoon was warm enough to justify a swim. Heidi initially did not like the cold water, but once she got used it it, paddled around like she does every summer. A thunderstorm drove us out of the lake and into the cabin.

Peter is learning to cook, and loving every minute of it. He makes wicked scrambled eggs.

We are going to watch the weather reports very carefully, and cabin availability (none of Paul's family will be there with us; they are all rather "afraid" of Heidi). If available and weather looks decent, we just may head north again this weekend.

If not, we will not return for 2-1/2 weeks. But then, I plan a 2 week stay. For blueberries, warm weather and midnight skinny dips.

Peter is learning to cook, and loving every minute of it.  He makes wicked scrambled eggs.

We are going to watch the weather reports very carefully, and cabin availability (none of Paul's family will be there with us; they are all rather "afraid" of Heidi).  If available and weather looks decent, we just may head north again this weekend.

Alright Peter! Scrambled eggs are a great way to start cooking. They don't take too long and require a good measure of TLC. :cool:

Too bad Paul's family members haven't allowed themselves the joys of knowing Heidi. I would think the cabin would be the ideal place to learn to cherish her company.

Made (organic) blueberry pancakes with cheese omelettes here for brunch yesterday -- the perfect recovery food after the 4th. I'm sure ours weren't up to your berry standards, but dang they were good. :biggrin:

Judith Love

North of the 30th parallel

One woman very courteously approached me in a grocery store, saying, "Excuse me, but I must ask why you've brought your dog into the store." I told her that Grace is a service dog.... "Excuse me, but you told me that your dog is allowed in the store because she's a service dog. Is she Army or Navy?" Terry Thistlewaite

• 2 weeks later...

Plans have changed. We had not planned to return to The Cabin until next Tuesday. But, the cabin will be available this weekend. Methinks the girls and I should blast north on Friday or Saturday morning. I have no clue what food I will take, but a trip to the grocery on Thursday after yoga should do it for the three of us. I can always park the car in Just the Right Spot in The Yard and call Paul, who will arrive next Tuesday with my best friend and her kids with The List.

It is hot. I have just endured a week (!) with Houseguests from Hell. There is so much work to do around our new to us house. All I want to do is lay on my back in the lake (which is now warm) under the stars. The advantages of unemployment.

So, I will go. I crave it. We have only been up three times this summer, which is less than half of the number of times we should have been up. I have worked harder than hard, and IT IS TIME (yes, I am shouting).

I'll update whenever.

Thanks, Ronnie. Whatever I will drink will strike me either at a local liquor store (if I have time) or at the Lemon Tree in Cloquet.

The cabin is sort of a "habit." And because of the changes in our lives this past year, it hasn't been habit enough.

Yes, I will lay on my back on the lake, late at night, surrounded by thousands of stars and fireflies, and drink one to you!

It is confirmed. I will leave at 8:00 am, with four kids in tow (two mine, tow a friend's). We will have breakfast at the White Castle in Hinkley.

Menus to come. If I could leave tomorrow for Our Little BIt Of Heaven, I would be happy.

Kids, food, wine/booze. A cabin. What could be better? Perhaps the stars of the fireflies.

Can anyone tell that I am beyond excited?

I'm hoping that Friday morning, the farmer's market will reveal fresh, local tomatoes and sweet corn. I have a boatload of really great brats, great chuch eyes, and we will stop to pick up the other kids near enough to a great bread place that that will be good. We are planning on a bacon taste testing. Bacon will be purchased tomorrow.

great chuch eyes.

I am afraid that you have lost me again with strange talk of things that don't exist her in the swamp.

What is this strange "chuch eye" of which you speak? Is this something I should seek out, or is it something better left to you denizens of the North Country-as I have decided about "Tuna Hot Dish". :raz::laugh:

Brooks Hamaker, aka "Mayhaw Man"

There's a train everyday, leaving either way...

great chuch eyes.

I am afraid that you have lost me again with strange talk of things that don't exist her in the swamp.

What is this strange "chuch eye" of which you speak? Is this something I should seek out, or is it something better left to you denizens of the North Country-as I have decided about "Tuna Hot Dish". :raz::laugh:

Typo! You caught me. Should have been "chuck eye's" as in chuck eye steaks. I blame it on the past few days and the Houseguests From Hell. I've lived in the northland for many years now (a transplant from parts far south and far tropical) and have yet to understand "Hot Dish." Sort of like a pan of "Bars."

But, this does not diminish my love or longing for things north.

The lists have are in the making. Yes, I go. I leave soon for beauty, peace, fireflies, swimming and perhaps Blueberries.

Everything not perishable has been purchased. The laundry is done; the duffles packed and in the Bronco. The Bronco has been vaccuumed and all of the trash is gone ( minimal trash, BTW).

Diana, Heidi and I are beyond excited, and we are still more than 24 hours away from departure.

When I am up with just the kids, I have planned noshing menus for these growing bodies. For when the Rest of The Adults Arrive, more substnatial. Chuck Eyes. Roasted Potatoes. Ribs. Smoked Butt. Sweet corn (finally, local is here!), Burgers. Brats. BLT's (Bacon Taste Testing). Green beens. Cheeses from the St. Paul Farmer's Market. Homemade salsa with locally grown cilantro (complete with the roots; it's the key). All sorts of things. Vodka. Beer, Wine. G & T's.

So, my plan is to head out Saturday morning (wish it could be tomorrow, but dental and orthadonia prevail). Pick up the other two kids and a dog. Head north. Lunch/late breakfast at the White Castle in Hinkley. Drop off care package for Peter at camp. Arrive at Cabin. Hoist one kid through the one window we can open (lost key in move). Get kids ready to swim. Get kids in lake. Then I will get things like the fridge and pilots on the stove going, unpack, etc., and have a cocktail. May have cocktail first. Don't know.

It has been warm -- finally -- up north.

I would be beyond ready to leave this Project of a New-To-Us-House we bought. In celebration of the most recent 10 lbs. I lost, I just bought a new bikini.

Aug. 2, I will turn 47. I will be at the cabin, which is where I've been more for birthdays than many EG'ers have had. I will be happier. I will be even happier if we have fresh blueberries for my favorite Blueberry Pie.

• 2 weeks later...

I have whined plenty in the past few weeks. About Houseguests from Hell. The trauma of uprooting a family and moving from a beloved home of many years into a wonderful house, but one which looked much better in the dim light of December than the bright light of summer. But, most of all, many of us in Minnesota have been whining about the lack of summer.

My return to the cabin coincided with the return of summer.

I will add the caveat that I took far too few pictures of food but a ton of photos of kids, adults and pet frolicking.

So, it was on a Saturday morning more than a week ago (I’ve lost track of the days), I piled a ton of gear, lots to eat and drink and two of my kids and my best friend’s (also named Susan) two kids into the Bronco and north we headed. With every mile, the stress of the last few weeks and months melted away, and the weather steadily improved. The kids and I stopped at Gordy’s Hi-Hat in Cloquet (a well-known burger joint with a patio right on the highway; open only from Memorial Day to Labor Day) for lunch. Burgers (more than commercially acceptable; hand-formed patties cooked to medium rare), fries (great), onion rings (hand cut and battered; outstanding) and milkshakes.

As we headed north out of Cloquet, the weather improved even more, and my foot got heavier. It was a quick trip.

Upon arrival, I opened the cabin, started the fridge, and we all stripped down (we had donned suits under clothes before leaving in the hopes of swimming).

The water was glorious; the sun glinting on the water was almost blinding.

So our days went. We had one day that was overcast in the afternoon and one day with intermittent rain; it provided a nice shady, breezy day for picking blueberries. This is about half of what we picked. We ate a blueberry pie with whipped cream; a rather delightful salad with blueberries, blueberry vinegarette, maytag bleu and baby greens; and lots of blueberry pancakes. The picking is not particulary good this year. We were on the early side, but it was apparent we weren't going to hit any of those pockets where one can sit for 15 minutes without moving.

i10630.jpg

A few days into our sojourn, Paul and Susan drove up. A few days later, Susan’s husband came up. Somewhere alone the line, my folks picked up Peter from summer camp and joined us. Heidi’s PCA came and went twice.

So, what did we eat?

Breakfast was always bacon or sausages, perhaps eggs, pancakes, strong coffee (always) and most often waffles on my nifty Nordicware stovetop waffle maker

i10636.jpg

A big breakfast makes for a noshing lunch. Deviled eggs.

i10632.jpg

Salsa (homemade, of course, with the first of the crop of heirlooms and peppers) and chips. Salami and mustard on good bread. Bruschetta on baguettes (with people constantly coming, fresh good bread was easy to come by). Sometimes a nap.

For dinners. Tacos with homemade salsa and venison on fresh flour tortillas. I smoked a might nice butt (rule of thumb – don’t start drinking mojito’s before putting the butt on). A dog really likes the idea of smoked butt. The dog got the bones.

i10631.jpg

Chuck eye steaks to celebrate my birthday.

i10634.jpg

Sunset on my birthday was stunning. A deck railing makes a good clothesline.

i10633.jpg

BLT’s with 4 pounds of bacon (several varieties; the bacon from Hackenmuellers, a local meat market, won out over the other two local meat market bacon’s and Neuske’s). Smoked brisket (a leftover brought from home). A couple of chickens. Lots of sweet corn (we brought fresh with us, and everyone that joined us brought more) slathered with Hope butter ( :wub: ). The girls made rice krispy bars for my birthday. It was a birthday as I have come to expect every year for over the past two decades. Spent at my favorite place, with my favorite people.

A lot of people around a little table, some of us are eating outside on the deck.

i10635.jpg

All washed down with raspberry lemonade (for the kids) and iced coffee, cocktails, beer and wine for the adults. All consumed while listening to our local gem of the state – KAXE-FM. A wonderful “northern community radio station” (read public) with an unbelievably varied selection of music, phrenology reports and odd bits and pieces.

We played cards. We played scrabble. We spent endless hours in the lake. We fished (nothing but small-mouth bass which in my book are catch and release). We napped. We played. We watched birds. We swam late at night under the northern lights. Every night, after the kids were in bed, Paul and I would head to the dock. He’d hold the flashlight while I went for my pre-sleep swim. As I crawled into bed, he noted that my flesh was cool, my skin warm.

It was a luscious, sensual 10 days. We were warmed by the company of each other. We are sun kissed. It is with regret that I showered this morning. Something about that lake water makes my skin feels satiny and my hair extra silky. I am slightly discombobulated; I enjoy so much not needing to know what day of the week or month it is, and for time to be ruled by what one feels like doing at the moment. I went for 10 days without looking at a clock. Life is indeed very good.

Update:

As I smoked my butt, I complained that I really missed my Weber one-touch (there's a Weber up there, but not the one-touch with the 21" grate), with the hinged grate, as well as my chimney.

So, as my dad passed a yard sale today, he spotted a Weber one-touch box. 15 years old, never used, along with a hinged grate, those thingies that hold the charcoal to the side, a Weber chimney, 4 20-lb bags of charcoal, and 10 pounds of wood chunks (mixed 1/2 and 1/2 hickory and applewood). Turns out the folks registered for this as a wedding present and then decided that "gas is better." Picked it up for $20.00. For the lot. Seems I'm set.

And, a recent condiment thread made me ponder what we have at this cabin, and I did a perusal this past weekend to set me up for the rest of the summer. THree kinds of Mae Sri curry paste (red, yellow and green). One bottle of Tiparos fish sauce. One bottle of sirichi. Chili garlic sauce. Two bottles of balsamic (one really good, one supermarket variety). Several other kids of vinegar. One 1/4 full bottle of ketchup. Six kinds of mustard. Cheap olive oil (the good stuff comes and goes with me). Maple syrup. Fake maple syrup. Five dry rubs. Assorted dried and powdered chilis. Mexican vanilla. Two pepper grinders (one black, one white). Several dried herbs (dried by me a few weeks ago, fresh from the farmer's market). Toasted rice (for larb; I did add one of the surfactent -- sp? -- capsules from Heidi's medicine to keep it dry). Lots o' garlic. I always carry keefir lime leaves (just a few; I have a tree), ginger, Thai "bird" peppers, cilantro (with roots), limes and onions when I go up. These are as essential as the other perishables -- meat, veg, eggs, milk, ice and booze.

While not condiments, we do have the requiste flour (pastry and AP), brown sugar, regular sugar, cocoa, shortening, corn meal, masa harina, regular oil, leavenings, kosher salt, regular morton's salt, etc., etc. There are also palm, "bakers" (very fine) and raw sugar at the cabin.

This is probably the best stocked cabin just east of Cusson, MN (just try and find it on a map). Good thing it's a big, deep cupboard.

I should also add that we larbed some of the leftover steak. I'm starting to think I like leftover steak larb the best of all.

• 4 weeks later...

After far too long an absence (thanks to family members who only want to got to the once a year on weekends we want to go, as well as some can't-miss weekend commitments), we return on Thursday. We will leave on Labor Day, sadly, because the kids do really need to start their new schools on the first day of school.

We will have two days alond -- just the five of us -- before being joined by the contingent that has joined us annually; this will be our 8th year as a big group which includes other kids and parents -- people we have known since the mid-70's when we were in college.

We have figured out menus for the "big group" time, and tomorrow, Peter and Diana and I will finalize food for just the five of us. Breakfasts are a no-brainer -- bacon and/or sausages, waffles, pancakes, eggs and perhaps cinnamon rolls if the weather is cool and we want to bake. Lunches, likewise, are easy. Sandwiches, veg, fruit, whatever -- grazing time.

FOr dinners, I am contemplating a butt -- smoked naturally. Venison burgers, one night, perhaps, since it is time to think about emptying the deep freeze in anticipation of another deer this fall.

Me does think that this Labor Day weekend will probably not be a weekend of frolicing in the water. This has been, for us up here, the summer that never happened. The water never got as warm as it should have, and nights up at The Cabin have dipped into the 20's. Days have not been terribly warm, either.

But, regardless, we will do what we always do. Tell stories. Cook. Play games. Play the guitar and/or mandoline. Sing. Cross our fingers, see some northern lights. Be away from all of the things that interfere -- the computer, the phone, laundry. Be together. Perhaps set up some empty beer cans and do some target practice in anticipation of the coming grouse and deer hunting seasons. Take out the dock, but not until I've had my last cuppa at the end of it, followed by what will probably be my final early am skinny dip of the season.

Most of all, gear these kids up for my favorite day of the year -- the first day of school!

Save the cooler, the Bronco is packed. The kids are in bed, not sleeping, but awaiting tomorrow morning.

I head to bed soon, so I can get up extra early and get to the Minneapolis Farmer's Market at opening (6:00 am) or shortly thereafter for sweet corn, tomatoes and green beans. Menus for Thursday and Friday include the usual bountious breakfast, noshing during the day, and venison burgers one night, steaks the next night. The crowd that will join us are in charge of dinners on Saturday and Sunday nights, and will bring additional noshing items.

Weather report from Orr, MN indicates that tomorrow and Friday will be stunning -- mid-80's, and will go downhill from there. Never mind. We will have our swims, eat great food, have good company, hopefully see the northern lights. The full moon is waning, but will still be beautiful.

We have returned from our final trip of the summer.

It was wonderful. Although many of our weekends up north have largely consisted of not great weather, this past long weekend, like my stay in July, was mostly great.

Paul, the kids and I arrived on Thursday, shortly after noon. As I jumped out of the car to grab that first look at The Lake, this is what I saw

gallery_6263_35_1094595643.jpg

The sun is much lower in the sky than it was in June or even late July.

What you can't see in this photo is that the leaves are already starting to turn, and we noticed a daily change in the "leaf status" on the ash by the outhouse. We did also get glimpses of brilliantly red maples.

The first night, we ate steak, had sweet corn, tomatoes and a salad (which you can't see).

gallery_6263_35_1094595664.jpg

I often serve things, like the green beans (which I neglected to mention above) in the pan in which they were cooked. No running water, and me or the kids as a dishwasher will do that to you. Paul is strapping Heidi into her chair and cutting up her food.

So, I'm a bum. It was the Last, Great Weekend of A Great Summer. I neglected to take any other food pictures. But, our breakfasts sustained all of us until mid-afternoon. Rashers of bacon, pounds of sausages, waffles, pancakes, and a crate of the most amazing peaches (from Colorado). The meals were mostly spectacular.

We were joined very late on Friday by friends -- a couple and their two kids, and another friend with her two daughters and a friend. Plus a dog. Jake. He is quite something. A dog is a good thing to have at a cabin. He cleaned up the floor under Heidi's chair. He herded ducks. Even caught a few fish. Jake is a golden retriever.

The only slightly disappointing main dish was a tenderloin brought by our friend. It was quite sinewey (sp?) and quite "liverey". I do believe that tenderloin is my least favorite cut of meat on the cow. But, the salad of fresh-from-the-farmer's-market spinach with blue cheese, walnuts, and raspberry vinarette made that meal. We roasted potatoes, cauliflower, onions, garlic. Ate beautiful green beans. Merely steamed, with a little bit of lemon and kosher salt, another night adorned only with Hope Butter.

Oh, and there was a spectacular peach cobbler. I had thought about a pie, but really wanted to get in the water, which made crust too time-consuming.

As I took the cobbler out of the oven, I looked out the cabin window, grabbed my camera and took a picture.

gallery_6263_35_1094595684.jpg

It was so spectacular I needed to swim under it.

The guitar and mandoline and games kept us warm at night.

Our final meal was sandwiches and leftover raw veggies and cold Coke's on the deck.

Then, I donned my bikini for one last time in 2004, Paul donned the waders (he remains a water wimp) and out the dock came.

We had wonderful swims. The water was cold (low 60's under the surface), the air somedays warm, some days cool. But there is something about swimming or just being under that Big Sky that provides food for the soul. That stuff that will keep me going through the cold, dark winter.

We will return this season. But, at that time, we will be in hunting, braising and inside stuff. Hopefully, there will be grouse this year.

As Paul did the last once-over on the property and in the cabin (the kids were already in the car nodding off), he took this picture of Nancy and I. Sitting there, recalling the summer.

gallery_6263_35_1094595705.jpg

Although we had hoped for a warmer summer, and more trips to the cabin, I will say what I say at the end of every season. It was the best summer of all. We are so unbelievably lucky.