• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Jancis Robinson awarded OBE

Craig Camp

Don't forget to join us on June 25th and 26th for an eGullet Q and A with Jancis Robinson. This is a unique opportunity to discuss all aspects of fine wines with one of the most knowledgeable and eloquent wine professionals in the world.

Wine writer and former Decanter Woman of the Year Jancis Robinson has been made an OBE in the Queen's Birthday Honours List.

The food, drink and tourism industry were particularly well represented in the honours list this year, with Jancis and Jamie Oliver being two of the most high profile recipients. Well deserved I think.

I am particularly looking forward to this event with Jancis, it should be a cracker. She only has time to answer a maximum of 30 of your most interesting questions, so get in quick once the board is open for business.

So do we have call her Dame Jancis from now on or Lady Robinson?Us Yankees don't know about this stuff.

It's definitely not Dame. That's the equivalent of a knight. The Beatles got the OBE, and everybody called them John Paul George & Ringo.

I'm hollywood and I approve this message.

It's definitely not Dame.  That's the equivalent of a knight.  The Beatles got the OBE, and everybody called them John Paul George & Ringo.

I need to call Jancis "John, Paul George and Ringo"?

You're quick. Are you British? Maybe we can get you some initials. :smile:

I'm hollywood and I approve this message.