• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Corkscrew

guajolote

I open about 10-12 bottles of wine a night and use a waiters friend,BUT also a litttle foil cutter which saves a lot of time, and makes a nice neat job.

am i the only one who uses the tip of the screw to rip the capsule off from the bottom?

No! (i.e. Yes!)

v

Tommy, do you take all the top plastic off?

i take the entire capsule off.

Freak!! :raz:

i'll give you that. however, it's a one tool process, and the result is a clean neck. granted, it doesn't look as pretty as the lead or aluminum left after a clean cut with a knife, but who's got that kind of time. :unsure:

I open about 10-12 bottles of wine a night and use a waiters friend,BUT also a litttle foil cutter which saves a lot of time, and makes a nice neat job.

am i the only one who uses the tip of the screw to rip the capsule off from the bottom?

No! (i.e. Yes!)

v

Only because I can't figure out how to get the foil cutter from my Rabiit out of the display box. It's clipped in their like a fricking diamond.