• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Are they drinkable

DTHEASH1

Navarro Vineyards makes Gewurztraminer and Pinot Noir juices that are astonishingly tasty and high quality. You can order them online from the vineyard directly Navarro Vineyards and they are really good. :cool:

Katie M. Loeb
Booze Muse, Spiritual Advisor

Author: Shake, Stir, Pour:Fresh Homegrown Cocktails

Cheers!
Bartendrix,Intoxicologist, Beverage Consultant, Philadelphia, PA
Captain Liberty of the Good Varietals, Aphrodite of Alcohol

If Katie is speaking of a wine I had with her at a past Studio Kitchen dinner (last Fall I believe?), then she speaks the truth. The non-alcoholic wine I had was excellent, quite sweet, and packed full of flavor and fruit. I would recommend it as well.

For those all of you who stack or collect wines in the cellar, please read today,s wall street journal. Buy what you are going to drink today !

My question is, should I collect more or should I finish what I have in my basement.

I have a bigger collection of reds than whites, some Bordeauxs (Spell?)

Fun

This article was written on Friday March 7 , 03 by Dorothy J. Gaiter and John Brecher.

The Zest of the article, quote " Our advice to people who want to start a big, serious collection is simple: Relax"

Buy what you are going to drink. They majority of wine in America - estimates range from 70% to 90% is consumed with in 24 hours of purchase. If there was anything there, they simply bought faste than they could drink.

Hope you can find that article.

Fun

This article was written on Friday March 7 , 03 by Dorothy J. Gaiter and John Brecher.

The Zest of the article, quote " Our advice to people who want to start a big, serious collection is simple: Relax"

Buy what you are going to drink. They majority of wine in America - estimates range from 70% to 90% is consumed with in 24 hours of purchase. If there was anything there, they simply bought faste than they could drink.

Fun

The current statistic for time between purchase and consumption is 4 hours.

Fun

Does this take into account Restaurants or merely Wine Store purchases?

Thanks Katie.  I ordered both of them.

Cool! Let me know how they go over after they arrive. Certainly they can function as "wine methadone" for the mother-to-be, and they actually taste like wine, or at least like incredibly high quality grape juice, rather than like "de-alcoholized" wine, if you follow my analogy here.

Cheers and enjoy!

Katie M. Loeb

Cheers!

Fun

Does this take into account Restaurants or merely Wine Store purchases?

retail purchases only

• 2 weeks later...
Katie,

Thanks again for the recomendation.  The wines (Juices) came in and are really good.  I think the mother to be appreciates the special effort as much as the taste.-Kenny

Kenny:

Delighted I could help. I'm sure the special effort is appreciated and now I raise a (non-alcoholic) toast to you, the mother-to-be and the baby's good health!

Salut! :smile:

Katie M. Loeb

Cheers!