• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Notable at Wegmans

helenas

I took my bro to the Manalapan Wegmans to purchase some stuff for an eGullet potluck and was amazed that they did not have any blue corn chips. Then I asked a lady stocking shelves if they had any canned chipotles in adobo. She looked at me like I had 2 heads. "Are you asking for 2 different things?"

No, I want a can of chipotles in adobo sauce...

"It sounds to me that you want 2 different things..."

I did not bother remarking that a can of chicken soup has like 10 different things, yet they still manage to fit it in one can...

Ended up getting chips and chipotles in Shop Rite.

=Mark

Give a man a fish, he eats for a Day.

Teach a man to fish, he eats for Life.

Teach a man to sell fish, he eats Steak

Wegman's in Bridgewater has a fabulous olive bar.  We picked up small amounts of green olives mixed with red pepper flakes, a cajun mix of green, dark(?) and pink olives in a wonderful spicy brine and a morrocan mix of green and dark olives (not pitted!) with cinnamon stick and other wonderful spices.  We were back there yesterday to stock up on the cajun and morrocan olives.  They were great with some thinly sliced manchego as a pre-dinner cocktail nibble.

I also love the stuffed grape leaves, 2 different mini onions, one marinated in white wine vinegar, the other in balsamic. They also carry peppadews and cherry pepper shooters.

=Mark

Give a man a fish, he eats for a Day.

Teach a man to fish, he eats for Life.

Teach a man to sell fish, he eats Steak