• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

MaryIsobel

MaryIsobel

Wow - that all looks lovely. We are having Dungeness tonight that my husband caught last night. Just steamed with lemon butter on the side, garlic bread and Caesar salad. Nothing better than fresh Dungeness. Does the "automatic 17% to ensure fair wages" bother you? I mean why print it, why not just add 17% to the cost of the food. Sorry, but curmudgeonly me really detests mandatory "tipping."

MaryIsobel

MaryIsobel

Wow - that all looks lovely. We are having Dungeness tonight that my husband caught last night. Just steamed with lemon butter on the side, garlic bread and Caesar salad. Nothing better than fresh Dungeness. Does the "automatic 17% to ensure fair wages bother you? I mean why print it, why not just add 17% to the cost of the food. Sorry, but curmudgeonly me really detests mandatory "tipping."