• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

I did like this notion

The PLU sticker, which stands for “Price Look Up,” serves an important function in grocery stores: how much to charge the clerk for that item.

Why is the clerk being charged? I'd do a big shop if the check out clerk was going to be charged!

5 hours ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

I just read this in the NY Times.  Someone plagiarized from someone.

All 'newspapers' just reprint press releases uncritically. Seeing the same garbage on multiple sites is normal.

liuzhou

liuzhou

I did like this notion

The PLU sticker, which stands for “Price Look Up,” serves an important function in grocery stores: how much to charge the clerk for that item.

Why is the clerk being charged? I'd do a big shop if the check out clerk was going to be charged!

26 minutes ago, JoNorvelleWalker said:

I just read this in the NY Times.  Someone plagiarized from someone.

All 'newspapers' just reprint press releases uncritically. Seeing the same garbage on multiple sites in normal.