• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

2 hours ago, Smithy said:

Damn. The pub where I worked one summer, which had been in business since at least 1644, is also gone

I found my sister's canal-side pub on that site, too. It never reopened as a pub after she lost it and, according to that website, is now residential property. There was always accomodation above the pub (where my sister lived, so she also lost her home), so it wouldn't have taken much to convert it, I suppose.

liuzhou

liuzhou

1 hour ago, Smithy said:

Damn. The pub where I worked one summer, which had been in business since at least 1644, is also gone

I found my sister's canal-side pub on that site, too. It never reopened as a pub after she lost it and, according to that website, is now residential property. There was always accomodation above the pub (where my sisterlived, so she also lost her home), so it wouldn't have taken much to convert it, I suppose.