• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

15 minutes ago, lemniscate said:

Pineapple Cheese casserole. 

@Kim Shook mentioned it in the dinner thread and she has promised us her daughter Jessica's recipe. Some time ago, my niece sent me her mother-in-law's recipe for scalloped pineapple and it turned out to be a pineapple bread pudding. Actually, pretty darn good.

I have to agree with you on the green bean casserole. It's just a nice traditional way to ruin good green beans. I've never heard them called calf fries but I have eaten Rocky Mountain oysters. I had to have a few drinks to get up my courage to eat them so I have no idea what they tasted like.

Never tried rattlesnake but alligator is delicious.

Tropicalsenior

Tropicalsenior

5 minutes ago, lemniscate said:

Pineapple Cheese casserole. 

@Kim Shook mentioned it in the dinner thread and she has promised us her daughter Jessica's recipe. Some time ago, my niece sent me her mother-in-law's recipe for scalloped pineapple and it turned out to be a pineapple bread pudding. Actually, pretty darn good.

I have to agree with you on the green bean casserole. It's just a nice traditional way to ruin good green beans. I've never heard them called calf fries but I have eaten Rocky Mountain oysters. I had to have a few drinks to get up my courage to eat them so I have no idea what they tasted like.