• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

Darienne

Darienne

I'm a Canadian and have never asked anyone to remove their shoes in any house we have lived in.   And I can't recall ever having to take off my shoes in anyone's house.  

And now we live on a farm and all the rugs are commercial quality so they clean easily.  I ask folks to leave their shoes on if they start to take them off.  

And I wear shoes in the house almost all the time...slippers the other times.  And would never ever cook in bare feet.  But then I am the safety inspector in my house.  

Darienne

Darienne

I'm a Canadian and have never asked anyone to remove their shoes in any house we have lived in.   And I can't recall ever having to take off my shoes in anyone's house.  

And now we live on a farm and all the rugs are commercial quality so they clean easily.  I ask folks to leave their shoes on if they start to take them off.