• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

liuzhou

liuzhou

On 11/4/2020 at 12:58 AM, dcarch said:

There is a restaurant here in downtown NYC where only congee is served.

My favorite is the one with a type of dried fish, (not salted fish) and peanuts. Very simple classic oldie recipe, but very satisfying. Must eat with deep fried doughnut sticks  (YOUTIAO?).

dcarch

While 油条 (yóu tiáo) is a popular breakfast item, I've never seen it served with congee here. It is eaten as an item in itself, usually with warm soya milk.

61988344_youtiaoanddounai.jpg.8ac50b89cd7fbefc2ed902fb09b8ea4b.jpg

liuzhou

liuzhou

8 hours ago, dcarch said:

There is a restaurant here in downtown NYC where only congee is served.

My favorite is the one with a type of dried fish, (not salted fish) and peanuts. Very simple classic oldie recipe, but very satisfying. Must eat with deep fried doughnut sticks  (YOUTIAO?).

dcarch

While 油条 (yóu tiáo) is a popular breakfast item, I've never seen it served with congee. It is eaten as an item in itself, usually with warm soya milk.

61988344_youtiaoanddounai.jpg.8ac50b89cd7fbefc2ed902fb09b8ea4b.jpg