• Welcome to the eG Forums, a service of the eGullet Society for Culinary Arts & Letters. The Society is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit organization dedicated to the advancement of the culinary arts. These advertising-free forums are provided free of charge through donations from Society members. Anyone may read the forums, but to post you must create a free account.

Edit History

weinoo

weinoo

I noticed on my one Instcart order (from Wegman's) the substitutions were stupid.

New York City luckily has a thriving trade-purveyor business right now.  From cheese, to fish mongers, to farmer's market, to fine produce/pantry providers; nothing wrong with getting a fresh picked bunch of ramps, baby leeks, spring onions, baby turnips, in an order.

D'artagnan has always delivered, and seem to be doing a good job of keeping up. It's the smaller operators who were really overwhelmed, as they are probably like 2-3 person operations.

Union Square Hospitality published a list of purveyors they deal with, whose businesses have morphed into home delivery or pick up.

weinoo

weinoo

I noticed on my one Instcart order (from Wegman's) the substitutions were stupid.

New York City luckily has a thriving trade-purveyor business right now.  From cheese, to fish mongers, to farmer's market, to fine produce/pantry providers; nothing wrong with getting a fresh picked bunch of ramps, baby leeks, spring onions, baby turnips, in an order.

D'artagnan has always delivered, and seem to be doing a good job of keeping up. It's the smaller operators who were really overwhelmed, as there probably like 2-3 person operations.

Union Square Hospitality published a list of purveyors they deal with, whose businesses have morphed into home delivery or pick up.